Every once in a while, someone will ask us why they hear about Thrivent so much in mailings and at fundraising events. Thrivent Financial is a not-for-profit company that offers financial services to all people. It traces roots back to two companies that were important partners to the Lutheran Church - Lutheran Brotherhood and Aid Association for Lutherans. It's a big company that helps people plan for retirement, figure out insurance needs, and supports the work of all kinds of charitable entities, Lutheran and otherwise. Calumet is the beneficiary of lots of Thrivent support through "Thrivent Choice Dollars," which is explained here on this page -- and through THRIVENT ACTION TEAMS.
Thrivent Choice Dollars are available to some, not all, Thrivent members based on the product owned and the value of the product. If you aren't sure you have Thrivent Choice Dollars available to you, contact your Thrvent agent. If you would like to direct your Thrivent Choice Dollars to Calumet -- A W E S O M E ! Keep reading.
TO GIVE YOUR CHOICE DOLLARS -- FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS:
Here's how to do it by phone:
1. Call 1-800-THRIVENT (1-800-847-4836) and state "Thrivent Choice.".
2. State Choice Dollars when prompted.
3. Press 1 to direct Choice Dollars.
4. Enter or speak your social security number or Thrivent ID number.
5. Your call will then be transferred to an operator for completion.
6. Our Organization Name is listed as: “Camp Calumet Lutheran Ministries”, 1090 Ossipee Lake Road, West Ossipee, NH 03890
Here's how to do it online:
1. Log on to www.thrivent.com
2. Sign in with your username and password or register for an account.
3. Once you have registered and signed in, select the “Direct Choice Dollars” button for Thrivent Choice in the right hand side.
4. In the middle of the next page, type in “Calumet” in the “Organization Name” box, leave “City” blank, and click search.
5. Next to our name (listed as Camp Calumet Lutheran Ministries), click the “Direct Now” button. You will be able to assign all or part of your choice dollars to Calumet. Recurring Thrivent Dollar designation is no longer an option. In order for Calumet to receive your Thrivent Choice Dollars, you'll need to make the designation each and every year. We'll help you remember to do so! We promise! Thanks!
6. Click the “submit” button and your Thrivent Choice Dollars will be sent to Calumet.