Between now and Father’s Day, Lutheran churches all over New England are celebrating and giving thanks for Calumet’s ministry on a Sunday of their choice. Is your church one of them? If not, there’s still time to host your very own Calumet Sunday. Here is some material and some ideas to help.
What Can You Do?
1. Use the bulletin insert to inform people of all the amazing things that are going on at Calumet. There are two sides, designed for back to back use, and is available here:
2. Include a Calumet Prayer in your Prayers of Intercession by clicking:
3. It's never too soon to get even the littlest ones in your congregation to be thinking about coming to Calumet someday. You might consider showing the new Calumet Video.
4. Share your own Calumet story, and have other members share theirs.
5. If you'd like some ideas about what one could say during a Temple Talk, click:
6. Check Calumet's home page for our summertime "Boom Chicka Blog" which has lots of video clips from our Youtube channel, Boom Chicka Tube. This is the perfect thing to show your 8 - 16 year olds who might benefit from a week at Calumet's Resident Camp.
7. Make sure people know that there are still openings for children in Resident Camp and Day Camp. Sites in the Campground and rooms in the Conference Center & Village Cabins for families and adults are also available.
Help spread the word about how wonderful a ministry Camp Calumet is! Plan a Calumet Sunday!!