We pray for the family and friends of Joey Andrade, Gail Bizer, Bob Pettengill, Helene Pickett, and Toby Smith who died recently. We share their respective obituaries here:
- We continue to pray for the families and friends of Ingrid Albee, Phyllis Clark, George Monter, Rita Rohr, Lorraine Stevens, and Nancy Wogman as they mourn, remember, and give thanks for these saints who died in recent months.
- For those who are sick, or who are undergoing treatment, or who are rehabilitating, or who are in need of special prayers ...
- For Health workers who are on the front lines in all sorts of places … who are healing some and who are journeying with others during painful and sad days ...
- For all who are challenged in these days due to the pandemic ... for parents who worry about their children ... for those whose essential work makes them vulnerable ... for those who are lonely due to having to scale back their social schedule ...
- For elected leaders, that they may be just and fair and honest as they do the work of the people ...
- For those we know personally who are sick, who are mourning, who are tired, who are in need of your special care, O God. We pray expecially for: (enter names here)
- For those who struggle to be heard, who yearn to be seen, who try to be understood, and who suffer because of the world's impatience and unwillingness to be good listeners to ones experiencing difficulties ...
- For all who suffer injustice ... today we pray especially for our Black Siblings in Christ who experience racism ... we pray for all of God's people as we seek to humble ourselves, and listen, and learn ... we pray for people who seem to be moved to put obstacles where God is making thruways. May our eyes be opened to the pain experienced by our neighbor and may our hearts be moved to work for peace & justice ...
For workers who protect citizens, who defend those unjustly accused, who create fair laws, who grapple with policy implications, who advocate for fairness and shed light on unfairness -- that each one will have an open heart so that God can use their gifts to bring justice ...
- For Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services, the Lutheran ministry that is on the front lines regarding advocacy for immigrants and for those who are fleeing dangerous circumstances …
- For pastors, bishops, lay leaders, and our congregations during these strange times …
- For all those who are experiencing need of any kind, we entrust them to your care gracious God. Amen.
Adopted by the Calumet Board of Directors October 12, 2006
Calumet's primary responsibility is for the safety and security of our campers . To help meet that responsibility, Calumet has adopted certain policies governing the collection and use of personal information.
This document describes how Calumet handles the personal information we learn about you when you contact us by mail, phone, email, or when you access our web site. Any personally identifying information you provide is voluntary. We use it for program registration, to fulfill requests you make, or to assist us in carrying out our mission.
Calumet collects your personal information when you register for a program, make a donation, or otherwise voluntarily provide such information. If you contact Calumet, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you submit a camp application or registration materials, or an application for employment, we will keep those documents on file for at least seven years.
We will use your information to process enrollment requests, orders, and donations, to provide you with information about Calumet programs and services we believe will be of interest to you, and to ask for your support.
In some cases, a third party may be contracted by us to provide a specific service. We will only disclose as much personal information as necessary. For example, when we use the mailing service of our printer to send a Calumet newsletter, we will share only the information necessary for delivery of the newsletter. Any third party with which Calumet shares information has agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the information.
We may share your information with third parties in other limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing imminent harm, or ensuring the safety and security of our campers, facilities, and programs. This includes confidential medical information that complies with federal statutes.
Calumet does not sell, rent, or otherwise provide information from our database to third parties except for the reasons stated above.
Calumet complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For more information about this law, visit www.coppa.org.
Calumet's web site automatically collects and stores anonymous data to determine the number of visitors to different sections of the site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make the site more useful. We do not use this data to track or record information about individuals.
Calumet's web site does not use “cookies” or tracking mechanisms to collect any personally identifying user information. Cookies are used for maintaining user sessions only. You can set your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
Calumet has taken substantial precautions to ensure security for users of online services. Please be aware, however, that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed secure. Consequently, Calumet cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information that you transmit or provide to Calumet online.
From time to time, Calumet takes photographs and video (film and digital) of campers and retreat groups during their participation in Calumet programs. These photographs and video may be used by Calumet in promotional materials.
Calumet will make its best effort to honor any request from a parent to remove a photo of a camper from the web site.
Upon request, Calumet will provide you with access to all information we maintain about you. It is your right to correct any inaccuracies in that information.
You have the right to opt out of any mailings or other contacts from Calumet.
Parents retain these rights on behalf of their minor children.
If you have questions or concerns regarding Calumet's privacy policies, please contact:
Calumet Lutheran Ministries
PO Box 236
West Ossipee, NH 03890-0236
(603) 539-4773 ext. 211